Topics of Interest in Public Relations and Communications, everyday life and me. A final year PR and Comms student currently writing my dissertation while working for Remarkable PR Agency, it's fantastic!

Enthusiastic | Passionate |Driven | Love Life!

It's time to get my BLOG ON!


WARNING: NOVICE IN CONTROL OF BLOG CONTENT

Tuesday 3 May 2011

Lack of communication...

Having spent the last month hidden away in my room either in front of the computer or with my head in a book I can finally see the light at the end of this dissertation marathon. 

Alongside this uphill struggle we (a six person student PR agency - Pocket PR)  have been summarising the two month long pro-bono campaign we ran for Safe in Sound a sub-division of Southampton Voluntary Service... this is the reason my blog has been so neglected.

I am two weeks away from finishing my University degree and can honestly say I cannot wait (having spent my entire life in education - without even the cheeky gap year!). There is no rest for the wicked however because the day after completing my final exam I start full-time at the Winchester based PR Agency Remarkable!...all I can say is the best is yet to come!

Despite the lack of content in this post I felt I had to write something:
A. so everyone knows I'm alive and...
B. because of the value of communication.

In order to build a strong online presence you have to update content regularly, which my blog has lacked. However when this work is out of the way there will be regular updates and I may even move to the more 'professional' world of Word Press (despite my initial inability to pass page one when trying to set up a blog on it...) Also keep an eye out for my website I recently created it will be going live soon and discusses the value of creativity, both from a management perspective but also a graduates perspective of trying to find a job!

For now I will just leave you with a video we (Pocket PR) produced to include in our very last presentation for our PR and Communications degree. It summarises the Safe in Sound awareness campaign we ran and I must admit I am more than a little bit proud of it!

Enjoy…


No comments:

Post a Comment