Topics of Interest in Public Relations and Communications, everyday life and me. A final year PR and Comms student currently writing my dissertation while working for Remarkable PR Agency, it's fantastic!

Enthusiastic | Passionate |Driven | Love Life!

It's time to get my BLOG ON!


WARNING: NOVICE IN CONTROL OF BLOG CONTENT

Tuesday 28 December 2010

No Room At The Inn - Not With Travelodge!

Mary's and Joseph’s got free rooms at Travelodge over Christmas!


This campaign was done quite a few years ago now, but I came across some critical opinions about it online. I personally love what Shine Communication did. Have a look on the PR Week website and let me know what you think http://www.prweek.com/news/479669/Campaign-Consumer---Mary-Joseph-stunt-lifts-Travelodge/?DCMP=ILC-SEARCH

The challenge they faced was that Travelodge struggle to generate sales of rooms around the holidays so wanted to address this issue. Yes, what they came up with was a little cheesy as people suggested, but it was also appropriate for the time of year, festive and fun! They didn't use a massive budget, carried out the campaign in a short timescale and got national coverage. Pretty impressive I'd say!

No comments:

Post a Comment