Topics of Interest in Public Relations and Communications, everyday life and me. A final year PR and Comms student currently writing my dissertation while working for Remarkable PR Agency, it's fantastic!

Enthusiastic | Passionate |Driven | Love Life!

It's time to get my BLOG ON!


WARNING: NOVICE IN CONTROL OF BLOG CONTENT

Wednesday 15 December 2010

Sainsbury's went 'GREEN' for Shrek Forever After


I clearly haven't been to Sainsbury's in too long! (I blame that on my ever depleting ‘student’ account – Asda all the way! Or Tesco when feeling richer, this generally happens 3 times in the year - Sept, Jan and May! Yes, you guessed it! The good old student Loan)

Known for its orange logo I didn’t think Sainsbury's would ever alter their logo so dramatically - even for the final Shrek film release! (I wonder whether a good old cheque book was involved.) I can’t help but think they could have altered it for a much better cause? That would have actually benefited them a lot more!

Check it out:


It has certainly got people talking though – most coverage being along the lines of: ‘First time Sainsbury have ever changed their logo in its history, 114 years! The more cynical of us out there have questioned the claims though, because Sainsbury’s did in fact change their logo 10 years ago from J.SAINSBURY to its current one.

I think changing the colour of the S and giving it the famous Shrek ears does count as the first change! Before was a revamp so to speak – this was a change of image to boost sales of Shrek Forever After, the last ever Shrek films. The film was on sale for £8 during the first week, now it’s gone up to £13.99, I missed it! That was one hell of a way to kick of a movie release; I bet sales went through the roof. Did you miss out too?

No comments:

Post a Comment