Topics of Interest in Public Relations and Communications, everyday life and me. A final year PR and Comms student currently writing my dissertation while working for Remarkable PR Agency, it's fantastic!

Enthusiastic | Passionate |Driven | Love Life!

It's time to get my BLOG ON!


WARNING: NOVICE IN CONTROL OF BLOG CONTENT

Wednesday 22 December 2010

SKYPE ME... on Facebook?

Intergrated Skype and Facebook! 
(I know this happened in October - but better late than never!)

This is a partnership of massive proportion! As we all know, the amount of people who use facebook on a daily basis is insane, something like over 250 million. Skype itself though has around 560 million users as well! Personally I think it was a great move (which will benefit both!) All I can say is poor MSN. (I forgot about that YEARS AGO... but more fool them for not keeping up.)


I heard about this a while ago, but just haven't got around to doing it myself. I'm on Facebook too much of my time anyway, but always forget to log into my Skype account (the reason to blame for that is probably down to the fact I'm a bit of a  novice on it still - shamefully despite creating the account months ago!) I should be using Skype more if not only to lower my phone bill! I'm slow with new apps, so getting around to adding my Skype onto Facebook now.

I started searching how to 'link' my two accounts and came across a great website that puts it into 3 easy steps, so thought I'd share it with you all:

1. Log in to your Facebook account. Go to http://www.facebook.com/apps/application.php?id=2383452981 to add the Skype Me application to your Facebook profile.

2. Click the "Go to Application" button in the top-left corner of the page. On the next page, enter your Skype username into the box; select a call button to be displayed on your Facebook profile and then click "Save."

3. Click "Add to Profile." A Skype Me box will now be added to your Facebook profile to let people know when you are on Skype. It will read "I'm Online" or "Skype Me!" Friends can click "call," "chat" or "add" to add you to their Skype friends list.

Hope it helped!

2 comments:

  1. That's amazing. I had no idea this happened. I love Skype and keeping in touch with my friends, especially since I'm not in the same country as most of them half of the time. This will be great for us because we always forget to log in to Skype too and we end up sending messages on Facebook anyway.
    This is a great move from both Facebook and Skype and they'll probably get more people involved with both applications now. I like how Facebook is creating a link to every known website out there, you blog - Facebook posts it, you tweet - Facebook knows it. It's making them more and more popular. However, they bug me every day with the Friend Finder, but I've never heard of this Skype-Facebook link before. They should really publicise it more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree Daniela, its great isn't it! I'm hoping it will help me keep in contact with people more!

    It is so true, everything links to Facebook now. I don't think I can remember a time when I didnt use it. It's a great way to keep up with friends without having to 'keep in touch' so to speak. You can just see what they are doing in their status e.g. is shopping in West Quay and if you are there arrange to meet!

    It facilitates communication perfectly!(despite the fact a lot of content is pointless! e.g. the games, apps etc and the like button! the worst offender! I use it I have to admit, but I don't see the point in it at all.)

    Did the steps help you add it to your Facebook ok?

    I Hope so!

    ReplyDelete